Seniors Transportation

Burnaby Seniors' Transportation is an affordable and convenient service providing one-way and return trips for Burnaby residents who need assisted transportation to their medical and dental appointments within Burnaby, Vancouver, New Westminster and the Tri-City area. If cost, mobility or balance are an issue, Burnaby Seniors' Transportant is here to help.

For more information, please contact the Seniors Services Manager.

Donate or volunteer to help seniors in your community.

The Burnaby Christmas Bureau offers hampers to seniors and gifts for children to families with low income.

Registration will take place at:

Metropolis at Metrotown
(Upper Level between Winners/Homesense & Big Orange Juice Bar)

November 15th - December 18th
Mon - Fri 10 am - 4 pm
Sat 10 am - 3 pm

Qualified applicants will receive new toys for their children (16 years & younger).


  • Burnaby families with low income and children 16 years and younger.
  • Low income Seniors
  • Income Assistance or family with low-income

Working Families must provide a C-Print for EACH Adult. To obtain one please call us at: 1-800-959-8281 and press * to speak to an operator

If you are on Income Assistance a Release of Information from your Ministry Office will replace the C-Print.

Families must also provide the following:

  • Childs' Care Card
  • Birth Certificate
  • Passport, etc.
  • Proof of current address

Ways to Give

      1. Donate - Fill the shelves of our toy room and support our outreach & poverty initiatives. Donations may be dropped off at the Toy Room everyday until December 22nd.
      2. Angel Project - Be an Angel to a child this Holiday season - use our Angel cards & host a toy drive. Apply to participate and host a toy drive to support the Angel Project
      3. Become a Sponsor - Provide gifts & food to local families and/or seniors. Invite your group, company or family to join you. Apply to become a sponsor.

If you have questions or concerns please contact MJ at 604-292-3902.

Interested in donating a toy to the Toy Room. Bring a NEW unwrapped Toy or Gift. Click here for some gift suggestions. Donations may be dropped off at the Toy Room - everyday until December 22nd.604-292-3902.

Camping Bureau

The Burnaby Camping Bureau provides subsidies for Burnaby children with low income the opportunity to attend the summer camp of their choice. Along with our maximum subsidy of $175.00, we have partnerships with camps that provide match funds, allowing children the opportunity to attend a camp their families otherwise wouldn't be able to afford.

To qualify you must be a resident of Burnaby, have children aged between 5 and 17 years, and are low income but are NOT receiving income assistance*.

The following information is required when you come to register:

  • C-Print (to order from the CRA, call 1-800-959-8281, press * to speak with an operator)
  • Proof of Address (ex: recent utility bill), and
  • For families: child care card or birth certificate or child tax benefit statement for children 16 years and under

Registration begins May 1st. Families may contact the Volunteer Services Manager on or after April 1st to book appointments.

Donate or start a campaign to help a child have a life-changing summer.

*If you are on income assistance, please apply for the Camp Fees program through the Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation.

The Burnaby Recreation Credit program provides a credit to Burnaby residents in financial need. The credit system consists of a dollar amount registered in the Burnaby Parks & Recreation computer system under your name. Use the credit to sign up for any Parks and Recreation program or to purchase a punch card or pass for admission to swimming pools, fitness classes, indoor cycling, skating rinks or weight rooms. There are some exceptions such as golf, private lessons and birthday parties.


You must live in Burnaby, be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and fit one of these categories:

  • A. Are a low income individual, couple or family. Qualifying amounts are listed on the current Recreation Credit application form.
  • B. Individual with Disability Tax Credit Certificate. Qualifying gross income for low income is increased by the amount of the Disability Tax Credit.
  • C. Receiving financial assistance (welfare) from the Ministry of Social Development (MSD).
  • D. Eligible for or receiving disability assistance from Community Living BC.
  • E. Receiving income assistance from Resettlement Assistance Program (RAP).

*Persons do not qualify if interest earned is greater than $100 per adult per year, or if RRSP contributions greater than $1000/family have been made.

Where to get an application form

  • Download here
  • Burnaby Parks, Recreation and Colutural facilities
  • Brentwood Community Resource Centre
  • Ministry of Social Development
  • Burnaby Community Schools
  • Immigrant Services Society of B.C.
  • Community Living B.C.

Application process

Please read the application carefully and complete it thoroughly. See the back of the application form for details about eligibility, required documentation, and how to apply. For further information about the program, contact Recreation Credit staff at 604-320-2227

* You may apply for and receive credit once a year. The same application process must be completed each year.

Donate to improve access for those with low income to health and wellbeing.

Form and Tax Completion

The Tax Completion program offers assistance with income tax preparation through our participation in the Canada Revenue's CVITP program. During the tax season, March and April, we offer appointments to have taxes completed. Throughout the remainder of the year we provide a "drop-off" service. On a weekly basis, a volunteer tax preparer picks-up, completes, and files.

Form Completion is available by appointment only. We currently are able to assist with Federal Government Programs: Eligibility and assistance with applications for pensions (CPP, OAS, GIS) Provincial Government Programs: Eligibility and assistance with application for programs such as bus passes, MSP and Fair PharmaCare card applications. As well, we assist with filling out government card replacement applications.

For more information, please contact the Volunteer Services Manager.

Donate or volunteer to help people breakdown barriers to services.