Burnaby Christmas Bureau
Click HERE for Client Registration information.
**NOTE: Client Registration has been EXTENDED! Click above for details.**
With COVID-19, this year has been even more difficult for so many and we anticipate a greater need than ever before this Christmas season for families, children, at-risk individuals, and seniors with low income.
Ways to help this year
Whether you would like to offer a one-time gift, or establish a lasting relationship with us, your sponsorship will bring much benefit to the community.
*Please click below to view these opportunities to assist us this year:
- Assist our Christmas Bureau and receive community recognition
- Provide a gift hamper to senior(s) in need
- Gifts for children from families with low income
- Gift suggestions (for new, unwrapped toys/gifts) for our Toy Room
Other ways to help us navigate a challenging Christmas during COVID:
- CASH Donations -- donate online at www.bbyservices.ca/donate
- or Send a Cheque to: “Burnaby Community Services” to
2055 Rosser Avenue, Burnaby, V5C 0H1
- Or Call (604) 292-3905 and provide your payment details by phone.
- We welcome donations of supplies and resources for our Toy Room, such as: PPE’s, sanitization products, supplies, staff support
- Host a Toy Drive -- some companies are creating “drive through” ones this year
- Volunteer your time -- assist us at the Toy Room, drive to collect donated gifts,
**We cannot express enough how appreciative we are and how much we rely on your support. None of our programs would be possible without our donors. Thank you for your compassion towards your neighbours in this community and for your generosity.**
LAST YEAR, with your help, we brought Christmas to over 3,500 people through the Christmas Bureau, including families, children, at-risk individuals, and seniors.
The best gift you can give to your favourite charity is a recurring monthly donation. To help a charity remain sustainable, and strategize effectively, recurring monthly donations are the most beneficial, no matter the amount. Look through the various ways to give here.
We are passionate about assisting those who are struggling and in-need in our community.
Thank you for helping us to make Christmas a bit brighter this holiday season!
Our Christmas Bureau offers brand new gifts for children of Burnaby families with low income, as well as hampers for seniors and at-risk individuals. To find out if you qualify, please read the information below. All applicants must live in Burnaby.
How can I register?
The information below is for REGISTRATION ONLY. When you come in to register, you will be provided with a PICK-UP DATE and TIME in December to come back to the Toy Room. ** You will not be able to pick up any toys on your registration day.
Qualified applicants will receive new toys for their children (16 years & younger). You may qualify if you are:
- a Burnaby family, with low income or receiving income assistance, with children 16 years old or younger
- a Burnaby senior living with low income --> call Kim at (604) 299-5754 to register and for more information
- Working families must have a C-Print for EACH Adult - To obtain one, please call 1-800-959-8281 and press * to speak to an Operator, or - Access this online at MyCRA > My Account > Proof of Income > Option C-Print
- If you are on Income Assistance, you need to request a "Release of Information" from your Ministry Office. This will replace the C-Print.
- Recent proof of address - e.g. copy of a home utility bill (hydro, cable, gas, internet or landline phone), or Residency/Tenancy agreement dated within 2 months of application.
- Identification for EACH CHILD - e.g. BC Services Card (this has replaced the CareCard), birth certificate, passport, or Permanent Resident card.
Toy Room LOCATION - Brentwood Town Centre
The location of our toy room changes every year, depending on where we can find space. This year our massive Toy Room space is located at -- BRENTWOOD MALL at 4567 Lougheed Highway, off Willingdon Avenue.
We are in the old Sears Store (CRU100) on the Main Mall level, across from the Children's Play Area. (Please bring us TOYS for our shelves!!)
REGISTRATION DATES & TIMES
Client Registration has been EXTENDED !
Monday - Friday: 10 am to 4 pm Saturday: 10am to 3pm
We will have COVID-19 safety protocols in place during Christmas Bureau registration and toy pick-up. This will include enforcing the BC Ministry of Health guidelines for maintaining physical distancing.
Prior to entering the Toy Room, all visitors will be required to:
- Complete a standard COVID questionnaire
- Have their temperature checked (with a contactless infrared thermometer)
- Disinfect their hands (using hand sanitizer provided)
- Wear a mask at all times on site (we will provide disposable surgical masks)
- Attend alone (only 1 family member can enter and no children will be permitted)
We look forward to seeing you at our Toy Room this year.
Please take care and stay safe this season!
Help fill the shelves of our toy room! Please bring a NEW & unwrapped toy or gift. Donations may be dropped off at the Toy Room during the hours specified below.
DROP OFF TOYS HERE --
At our Toy Room at : BRENTWOOD Town Centre at 4567 Lougheed Highway, off Willingdon Avenue. We are in the old Sears Store on the Main Mall level, across from the Children's Play Area. If you come by car, park on the roof off Lougheed & Beta on the south side of the mall, take elevator down to Main Level.
Drop off toys Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm, or Saturday 10am to 3pm..
THANK YOU to our generous Corporate Sponsors!!GOLD SPONSORS
- Warner Brothers
- Capri CMW
- Vancity - Brentwood Hastings Branch
- Coast Capital Savings
- Willingdon Heights Eyecare
- TFG Financial
- ISL Engineering
Thank you to The Province’s Empty Stocking Fund for their support!