Burnaby Christmas Bureau
Click HERE for Client Registration information.
With COVID-19, this year has been even more difficult for so many and we anticipate that there will be a greater need than ever before this Christmas season for families, children, at-risk individuals, and seniors with low income.
Ways to help this year
Whether you would like to offer a one-time gift, or establish a lasting relationship with us, your sponsorship will bring much benefit to the community.
*Please click below to view these opportunities to assist us this year:
- Assist our Christmas Bureau and receive community recognition
- Provide a gift hamper to senior(s) in need
- Gifts for children from families with low income
- Gift suggestions (for new, unwrapped toys/gifts) for our Toy Room
Other ways to help us navigate a challenging Christmas during COVID:
- We welcome donations of supplies and resources for our Toy Room, such as:
- Sanitization products
- Supplies for our Toy Room
- Staff support
- Host a Toy Drive -- some companies are creating “drive through” ones this year
- Volunteer your time -- assist us at the Toy Room, drive to collect donated gifts,
- Cash Donations -- donate online at www.bbyservices.ca/donate
or send a cheque to: “Burnaby Community Services”
2055 Rosser Avenue, Burnaby, V5C 0H1
Thank you for helping us to make Christmas a bit brighter this holiday season!
Our Christmas Bureau offers brand new gifts for children of Burnaby families with low income, as well as hampers for seniors and at-risk individuals. To find out if you qualify, please read the information below. All applicants must live in Burnaby.
How can I register?
The information below is for REGISTRATION ONLY. When you come in to register, you will be provided with a PICK-UP DATE and TIME in December to come back to the Toy Room. ** You will not be able to pick up any toys on your registration day.
Qualified applicants will receive new toys for their children (16 years & younger). You may qualify if you are:
- a Burnaby family, with low income or receiving income assistance, with children 16 years old or younger
- a Burnaby senior living with low income
- Working families must have a C-Print for EACH Adult - To obtain one, please call 1-800-959-8281 and press * to speak to an Operator, or - Access this online at MyCRA > My Account > Proof of Income > Option C-Print
- If you are on Income Assistance, you need to request a "Release of Information" from your Ministry Office. This will replace the C-Print.
- Recent proof of address - e.g. copy of a home utility bill (hydro, cable, gas, internet or landline phone), or Residency/Tenancy agreement dated within 2 months of application.
- Identification for EACH CHILD - e.g. BC Services Card (this has replaced the CareCard), birth certificate, passport, or Permanent Resident card.
Toy Room LOCATION - Brentwood Town Centre
The location of our toy room changes every year, depending on where we can find space. This year our massive Toy Room space is located at -- BRENTWOOD MALL at 4567 Lougheed Highway, off Willingdon Avenue.
We are in the old Sears Store (CRU100) on the Main Mall level, across from the Children's Play Area. (Shelving, decorations and toys are COMING SOON !)
REGISTRATION DATES & TIMES
November 2- December 4, 2020
Monday - Friday: 10 am to 4 pm Saturday: 10am to 3pm
We will have COVID-19 safety protocols in place during Christmas Bureau registration and toy pick-up. This will include enforcing the BC Ministry of Health guidelines for maintaining physical distancing.
Prior to entering the Toy Room, all visitors will be required to:
- Complete a standard COVID questionnaire
- Have their temperature checked (with a contactless infrared thermometer)
- Disinfect their hands (using hand sanitizer provided)
- Wear a mask at all times on site (we will provide disposable surgical masks)
- Attend alone (only 1 family member can enter and no children will be permitted)
We look forward to seeing you at our Toy Room this year.
Please take care and stay safe this season!
Yes, I want to help!
We cannot express enough just how important your support is for this project. None of our programs would be possible without our donors. Thank you for your compassion towards your neighbours in this community.
LAST YEAR, with your help, we brought Christmas to over 3,500 people through the Christmas Bureau, including families, children, at-risk individuals, and seniors.
- $50 will help us buy toys for two children from a family with low-income through the Burnaby Christmas Bureau.
- $120 will cover the cost of escorting a senior to their medical appointments for one full month through our Seniors Transportation Program.
- $200 will provide a Christmas hamper to two seniors with low income.
- $500 will help us purchase a large shipment of children's books for distribution to families with low income at our Christmas Toy Room.
The best gift you can give to your favourite charity is a recurring monthly donation. To help a charity remain sustainable, and strategize effectively, recurring monthly donations are the most beneficial, no matter the amount. Look through the various ways to give here.
Help fill the shelves of our toy room! Please bring a NEW & unwrapped toy or gift. Donations may be dropped off at the Toy Room during the hours specified below.
There are various ways for you to bring the gift to us. Drop it off:
- At our Toy Room at : BRENTWOOD Town Centre at 4567 Lougheed Highway, off Willingdon Avenue. We are in the old Sears Store on the Main Mall level, across from the Children's Play Area. -- Drop off toys Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm, or Saturday 10am to 3pm. from November 2 through to December 18.
- At any of the Burnaby Fire Halls (#1-7).
- At Burnaby Firefighters' events held in December (more details coming soon).