Burnaby Seniors' Transportation is an affordable and convenient service providing one-way and return trips for Burnaby residents who need assisted transportation to their medical and dental appointments within Burnaby, Vancouver, New Westminster and the Tri-City area. If cost, mobility or balance are an issue, Burnaby Seniors' Transportation is here to help.
For more information, please contact the Seniors Transportation Manager.
The BURNABY CHRISTMAS BUREAU provides Christmas cheer to people with low income and living in Burnaby through our Toy Room and Seniors Hamper Program. This continues to be challenging times for many people and we are anticipating great need again for families with children, and seniors with low income. There are several ways to participate.
- Join us as a donor or volunteer and make a difference this Christmas season.
- For families in need, register with us to select new toys for your children ages newborn - 16yrs. Click here for details and print the registration information sheet here.
- For seniors living with low income in Burnaby, register to receive a Christmas hamper. Click here for details and an application form.
Donate Or Volunteer
Last year, with the help of our donors and volunteers, we brightened the season for over 3150 people in need through the Burnaby Christmas Bureau. There are many ways that you can contribute. Let’s work hand-in-hand and help make Christmas joyful this holiday season!
|Donate as a Corporate Sponsor and receive community recognition. Contact email@example.com or call 604-431-0400 with inquiries or for further details.
|Sponsor a Senior's Gift Hamper [Details and Application Form]
|Run an Angel Toy Drive for children [Details and Application Form]
Bring New & Unwrapped toys/gifts/books to our Toy Room
|Make or set up a One-time or Recurring Monthly Donation online here.
|Mail or drop a Cheque payable to Burnaby Community Services at 2055 Rosser Avenue, Burnaby, V5C 0H1. Cheques can also be dropped off at our Toy Room during operating hours. We provide tax receipts to donations of $15 or more.
|Call (604) 292-3902 and provide your Credit Card details by phone. We provide tax receipts to donations of $15 or more.
|Be a Christmas Elf (help families select their toys in the Toy Room during Dec 1-21, 4 or 8 hours shifts), a Christmas Mover (help with unloading and moving donated toys or supplies in the Toy Room in November, December or January) and/or a Christmas Bureau Auxiliary (help stock, clean, sort, and assist with greeting at the Toy Room during Nov 1 - Dec 21). Please submit an online application at https://burnabynh.ca/get-involved-volunteer/
|Be a Volunteer Driver to pick up toys from donors and deliver them to the Toy Room in Dec. Please submit an online application at https://burnabynh.ca/get-involved-volunteer/
Applications will open from Nov 1 to Nov 30. Completed application forms can be given to Alexis by:
- mail (4460 Beresford St, Burnaby, BC V5H 0B8)
- fax (778-309-7899)
- or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For further information, please contact Alexis at 236-885-7281.
Date: Nov 1 to Dec 9, 2023 (Closed on Sun & Stat Holiday on Nov 11)
Time: Mon-Fri 10 am - 4 pm; Sat 10 am - 3 pm [Close for lunch from 12:30-1 pm]
Location: The Amazing Brentwood, 4567 Lougheed Hwy, Old Sears Store, Main mall level, next to Children’s Play Area [Direction & Location Map]
|Am I qualified?
|How to register?
|How and when to pick up toys?
|Are there infectious disease safety protocols?
Burnaby Christmas Bureau is generously supported by donors, volunteers, and many community members, including:
The Burnaby Camping Bureau provides subsidies for Burnaby children from low income households to attend a week of summer day camp. Our subsidies of $100 (maximum) will allow children the opportunity to attend a local camp that their families would otherwise be unable to afford.
To qualify, you must be a resident of Burnaby, have children ages of 5-12yrs, be of low income and have supporting documentation.
The following documents MUST be presented at the time of your appointment:
- A Proof of Income Statement (C-Print) for the year 2021 for BOTH parents (if married/living common law)
- This is a document that is only available if requested through the Canada Revenue Agency (It is NOT your Notice of Assessment)
- To order it from the CRA, call 1.800.267.6999 for automated service, or 1.800.959.8281, press * to speak with an operator. You can also find the document under “Proof of Income Statement” through 'My Accounts' online.
- Recent Proof of Address - ex: copy of home utility bill (hydro, gas, cable, internet or landline phone) dated within 2 months of the application.
- ONE of the child's IDs: Care Card, PR card, Passport, or Birth Certificate.
Parents MUST know which local day camp they are sending their child to when they arrive for their appointment, as well as have all the required documentation. Please have several choices of camp programs and dates, as camps fill up their spaces quickly. We will not be able to help you if you don't have a chosen camp or missing information.
To book an appointment or for more information, please call Marney at 604.292.3900
Appointments take place at Burnaby Community Services, 2055 Rosser Ave, Burnaby.
The Burnaby Recreation Credit program provides a credit to Burnaby residents in financial need. The credit system consists of a dollar amount registered in the Burnaby Parks & Recreation computer system under your name. Use the credit to sign up for any Parks and Recreation program or to purchase a punch card or pass for admission to swimming pools, fitness classes, indoor cycling, skating rinks or weight rooms. There are some exceptions such as golf, private lessons and birthday parties.
You must live in Burnaby, be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and fit one of these categories:
- A. Are an individual, couple or family with low income, as indicated by LICO figures. Qualifying amounts are listed on the current Recreation Credit application form.
- B. Individual with Disability Tax Credit Certificate. Qualifying maximum allowable income to qualify is increased by the amount of the Disability Tax Credit.
- C. Receiving financial assistance (welfare) from the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction (MSDPR).
- D. Eligible for or receiving disability assistance from Community Living BC.
- E. Receiving income assistance from Resettlement Assistance Program (RAP).
- F. Privately sponsored refugees or newcomers arriving through the Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel (CUAET) must use the alternate form.
*Persons do not qualify if interest earned is greater than $1000 per adult per year, or if RRSP contributions greater than $1000 per family have been made.
Where to get an application form
- Download here; Privately Sponsored Refugees or Canada-Ukraine Authorization Emergency Travel (CUAET) applicants please download here.
- Burnaby Parks, Recreation and Cultural facilities
- Brentwood Community Resource Centre
- Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction
- Burnaby Community Schools
- Immigrant Services Society of B.C.
- Community Living B.C.
Please read the application carefully and complete it thoroughly. See the back of the application form for details about eligibility, required documentation, and how to apply. For further information about the program, contact Recreation Credit staff at 604.292.3900.
* You may apply for and receive credit once a year. The same application process must be completed each year.Donate to improve access for those with low income to health and wellbeing.
Form and Tax Completion
The Tax Completion program offers assistance with income tax preparation through our participation in the Canada Revenue's CVITP program (the Community Volunteer Income Tax program). During the tax season, March and April each year, we offer appointments for individuals with low income to have their income tax completion done by volunteer tax preparers. Please click on the link here and submit a pre-screening booking form to determine your eligibility for the income tax program.
Form Completion is by appointment only. We are able to assist with:
CPP, OAS, GIS, SAFER, BC Housing and BC Bus Pass applications.